I’m travelling to Canada and I need an electronic visa

Like the ESTA for the United States, since 30 September, 2016, ALL visitors travelling to (or transiting through) Canada must present an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) (except for travellers from the United States and travellers with a Canadian visa).

How much does it cost?

An eTA costs just C$7 (about €4.67 on 19/09/19) and will be valid for a maximum of five years.

How do I get an eTA?

You can get an eTA by applying online and providing basic personal information similar to that currently collected on arrival in Canada. To keep the process quick and simple, the eTA application will be approved within a few minutes of being submitted. Click on the official application form to apply online.

You also have the option of using an immediate personalised visa application service via our partner, CIBT Visas who, for a small fee, will help you with your application. Go to this link to submit a request.

●      Tip: apply for an eTA before booking your flight to Canada. Most applicants have their applications approved within a few minutes. However, certain applications may take several days to be processed. So don’t wait until the last minute to apply.

●      Please note! Passengers who don’t present this document won’t be allowed to board.